We welcome visits from prospective parents and/or carers and their children.

Please ring the school office on 01980 670268 to arrange a convenient time to see the school in action and meet us.

Click here to see all of our admissions policies 

When can my child start school?

Most children start school in the September following their fourth birthday. However, by law a child does not have to start school until the term following their fifth birthday.

Child’s birthday Start school

Start School
1 September 2019 - 31 August 2020 September 2024
1 September 2020 - 31 August 2021 September 2025
1 September 2021 - 31 August 2022

September 2026

All reception age children are offered full time places when they start at our school. If parents want their child to attend part time from September or to delay entry until later on in the academic year, please contact us directly to arrange this.

How to apply for a place at this school: 

For children due to start school in September 2024, you must apply through Wiltshire Council for a school place for your child by midnight on 15th January 2024.

Wiltshire residents should apply online here:  

Apply for a School PlaceNon-Wiltshire residents should apply to their own local authority for a place in this school. This also applies to families planning to move to the area (except service personnel, see below).

In the event of oversubscription, we will apply our Admissions Policy's criteria for determining priority of admission (see Admissions Policy on our Policies page).

St Michael’s Primary School reserves the right to request parents to verify their child’s birth date by producing a birth certificate or other official document.

In Year Transfers (transferring from another school)

To transfer your child to St Michael’s Primary School, you should apply online through Wiltshire Council using this link: Online application form for In Year TransferTo transfer your child to a school outside Wiltshire, you should contact the admissions authority for the new school to clarify the admissions process.

Applications from service personnel moving into Wiltshire

When applying for a school place, children of UK Service personnel (HM forces) or other crown servants are treated as meeting the residency criteria for a particular area, even if they don’t yet own a house in the county. Until a fixed address is available, the unit address of the military base will be used and a school place allocated accordingly.

Parents are advised to attach proof of their posting to the transfer application form and a letter of support from the commanding officer if the posting note does not indicate the housing arrangements.

If your child will be starting school in September with the normal round of admissions, parents must send proof of their posting to the county.

Arrangements for the admission of children with an Education Health and Care Plan

Please contact the SEND team at Wiltshire Council on

01225 718095

Arrangements for the admission of pupils with disabilities

Upon notification of a forthcoming admission of a pupil with disabilities, the school liaises with parents, the child’s current school or nursery and, where appropriate, external agencies in order to provide a good transition into our school.

All schools must have admission arrangements that clearly set out how children will be admitted, including the criteria that will be applied if there are more applications than places at the school. Click the link below to download our current SEN Admissions Policy.

Admissions Arrangements for pupils with SEN

Click here to visit the Wiltshire County Council online admissions page