Start date: 28th August 2018 or sooner if possible
Salary: Grade E £9.68 - £10.08 per hour
Hours of work: 10 hours per week (flexible, however, must be available to open the school at 7.30am and close at 6pm)
Location: St Michael’s Primary School, The Causeway, Larkhill
Contract Term: Permanent
An exciting opportunity has arisen at St Michael’s Primary School. We are now recruiting for a Caretaker/Keyholder to join us at our beautiful brand-new site in Larkhill from September 2018.
This role has the potential for career development across all Salisbury Plain Academies sites for the right candidate.
St Michael’s Primary School is seeking to appoint a pro-active, reliable and conscientious school caretaker/ keyholder to be responsible for undertaking general maintenance of the school buildings and facilities at our new site in Larkhill. You will provide practical support in arrangements for meetings/events and assist in maintaining the security of the school buildings.
This post is for 10 hours per week, term time only plus 2 additional weeks to be set by the Principal. Whilst this post includes responsibility for locking and unlocking of the school daily, we are willing to be flexible with regard to how the remaining hours are met over the working week.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Lock/unlock school buildings and areas daily and when the school buildings are hired for events/meetings
- Respond to alarm/security issues (possibly out of hours)
- Undertake regular security checks and identify security risks
- Provide emergency access to the school site
- Undertake regular site inspections, identify and record repair and maintenance requirements
- Undertake minor/simple reactive repairs e.g. minor plumbing, changing light bulbs, unblocking drains
- Organise and carry out planned works such as redecoration & other improvement works
- Undertake occasional gardening duties
- Assist in the collection and assembling of all refuse for removal
- Ensure the school grounds are free of litter and graffiti
- Ensure, in winter especially, that access roads, pavements, steps and playgrounds are safe for use
- To undertake porterage duties as required (including moving furniture, equipment etc)
- Liaise with contractors & undertake client role in connection with premises-related contracts
- To assist in safety audits of the premises and contribute to relevant risk assessment activity
- Undertake regular fire alarm and emergency light testing, and log of related activities
Who are we looking for?
This is an important role within the school and the successful candidate will need to demonstrate that they have a good standard of knowledge, skills and understanding regarding routine maintenance and the security of buildings and grounds. They will also need to demonstrate good communication skills, whilst undertaking the requirements of this post with enthusiasm and motivation.
How to apply for this post
Please complete the application form and the recruitment monitoring form that accompany this vacancy. Our preferred method of application submission is via email email@example.com Please upload your application form and personal statement ensuring that the file name contains your forename and surname.
Paper applications can be posted to the address above.
Please note that you should receive confirmation of your application within 3 working days.
We look forward to receiving your application should you be interested in applying for this post. If you have not heard from us by the interview date, you may assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Closing date for applications: Friday 27th July 2018
St Michael’s Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed